Silver Sands Recovery is one of the few leading drug rehabs in Arizona to create customized recovery plans for each patient to guide them towards sobriety with personalized care and individual attention. We conduct a comprehensive health exam on each patient upon intake, allowing us to craft personalized recovery blueprints.
What Is The Purpose Of 12-Steps?
The founders of Alcoholics Anonymous established the guidelines of the 12-step program to help individuals overcome alcohol addiction.
Although the 12 Steps follow a spiritual path to recovery, numerous non-religious people find the program immensely beneficial in Arizona addiction treatment. The language of the 12-step program emphasizes the presence of God and allows each participant to understand God. The program helps individuals battling addiction develop their interpretation of God and strengthen their religious beliefs during their stay at our long-term drug rehab facility.
How Effective Is The 12 Step Model?
The prominence of the 12-step program in all the top rehab centers in Arizona and the success stories you hear from those in recovery suggest that it is a highly effective model. The 12-Step model provides extensive support and encouragement to those struggling with substance abuse.
This model also creates a sense of accountability for individuals with a genuine intention to overcome addiction. Besides, its sponsorship model and regular meeting times encourage recovering addicts to stay clean even after leaving our drug rehab and detox facility.
The 12 Steps Of Alcoholics Anonymous
There is no unique way to approach the 12 Step program. Since recovery is a long-term process, allowing participants to figure out what works best for their lifestyle. The Alcoholics Anonymous defines the 12 Steps as follows:
- Admitting that you are powerless in overcoming your struggles alone and that your life has become unmanageable.
- Believing that a power greater than yourself can restore your sanity.
- Deciding to surrender your will and life over to God's care as you understand Him.
- Making a fearless moral inventory of yourself.
- Admitting to God, yourself, and other people the exact nature of your wrongdoings.
- Ready to have God remove all the character defects in you.
- Asking God to remove your shortcomings.
- Making a list of persons you harmed and deciding to make amends to them.
- Making direct amends to such people wherever possible. However, not to disturb them if making amends would injure them or others.
- Continuing to take personal inventory and admitting your mistakes whenever you are wrong.
- Improving conscious contact with God through prayer and meditation. Praying for knowledge of His will for you and the power to carry that out.
- Having a spiritual awakening from following these steps and practicing these principles in all affairs.
Silver Sands Recovery is a licensed drug and alcohol rehab nearby for addiction disorders with a dedicated team of clinicians and hundreds of positive reviews. Verify your insurance with us at 833-723-0387. Ranked as one of the top-rated drug rehabs in Arizona, we use holistic therapies to address your substance abuse and co-occurring mental health issues.