Wolf Creek Recovery offers unsurpassed addiction treatment in a world-class facility at affordable rates. Listed among the top alcohol rehab centers in Arizona, we use a combination of medical detox, psychotherapy, counseling, and extended care programs to address and treat substance abuse disorders.
Medications used in alcohol treatment
Medication management is one of the integral parts of our addiction treatment process. Using prescription medication alongside addiction treatment can boost your chances of attaining a successful recovery significantly. Prescription drugs not only ease the symptoms of withdrawal but also prevents you from relapsing over the years. These drugs create a negative physical reaction to alcohol, eliminating your desire to drink. Some of the drugs we use in alcohol detox include:
- Acamprosate - We administer acamprosate to reduce cravings and alleviate the alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
- Naltrexone - It minimizes alcohol cravings.
- Vivitrol - It is an extended-release formulation of Naltrexone and makes alcohol undesirable.
- Disulfiram - It causes severe negative effects when you consume alcohol.
We offer medication management alongside psychotherapy and counseling to help our clients achieve comprehensive recovery from their behavioral and mental health disorders. As one of the top rehabs for alcohol detox, we offer around-the-clock medical care and monitor our clients for adverse withdrawal symptoms during and after their detox and ensure their safe recovery.
What is alcohol detox?
Alcohol detoxification is the process of stimulating the body to eliminate the waste products and toxins caused by excessive and long-term alcohol consumption. Listed among the top alcohol rehab centers in Arizona, we combine detox with medication, medical observation, around-the-clock clinical care, counseling, and psychotherapy programs.
Individuals healing from severe alcoholism or long-time alcohol abuse can experience negative side effects and extreme withdrawal symptoms, some of which can be dangerous. While prolonged alcohol abuse leads to biological changes, causing false homeostasis. Medical detox helps disrupt this balance and restores recovering addicts to a healthy state in a safe manner.
What can I expect in alcohol detox?
Detox marks the first stage of a long-term treatment process and helps patients overcome physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms. You can receive medical detox in both inpatients as well as outpatient settings. Detox typically involves the following three steps:
- Intake - Our medical team will conduct a comprehensive clinical exam and review your drug abuse and psychiatric history to understand your addiction situation.
- Medication - Our licensed clinicians will then administer specific medications that mimic the effects of alcohol and alleviate some of the resulting physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms. Medications also help treat co-occurring mental disorders.
- Stabilization - This is the final stage of the detox treatment, where patients undergo counseling and psychological therapies to reach a balance of mind and body.
You are one decision away from living a different and better life. Call Wolf Creek Recovery at (928) 227-8887 to verify your insurance with us. Named as one of the leading alcohol rehab centers in Arizona, we make sobriety more attainable for our clients with our personalized healing programs and 24/7 medical care and support. Get in touch with us today.Alcohol Rehab Centers in Arizona